Sub-menu graphical issues
#1 Updated by Stanislav Lomany about 3 years ago
- In swing, when an item is selected, but has no mouse over it, the text is not properly highlighted (so the item has black text on the dark blue background). Also, there may be an issue with swing when the first item of a sub-menu is selected by default while it shouldn't (customer's server is down, so I cannot check if it is an actual issue).
- When an item in sub-menu is clicked, parent menu is not closed.
def var mnu as handle. def var item1 as handle. def var item2 as handle. def var sm as handle. CREATE MENU mnu ASSIGN POPUP-ONLY = TRUE TITLE = 'Browser Menu'. CREATE MENU-ITEM item1 ASSIGN PARENT = mnu LABEL = "item1" NAME = "item1". CREATE sub-menu sm ASSIGN PARENT = mnu LABEL = "submenu" NAME = "submenu". CREATE MENU-ITEM item2 ASSIGN PARENT = sm LABEL = "item2" NAME = "item2". def var s as char. form s with frame f1. s:popup-menu = mnu. update s with frame f1.
Right-click on the input field to show the popup menu.
#4 Updated by Hynek Cihlar almost 3 years ago
Checked in revision 11247 to 3487a.This resolves all the issues mentioned in this issue plus:
- popup menu not shown after popup overlay window lost focus
- popup menu was not properly processing key events after opened (focus issues)
- highlight state was not reset between popup invocations
- multiple abends and unexpected exceptions
- prevented abend caused by Fill-in widget selection logic
- prevented abend during menu setup when static sub-menu didn't have a parent menu
The code changes still require code cleanup and extensive regression testing, so far I ran only some limited number of trivial test cases.
#9 Updated by Hynek Cihlar almost 3 years ago
3487a revision 11258 resolves the points from the last review. It passed GUI regression tests (a large customer's GUI app, Hotel GUI, some of the menu test cases in uast, in both Swing and Web GUI). ChUI regression testing is in progress.
I found two more minor issues (both exist in trunk):
(1) Sometime when menu bar is navigated by mouse, an empty submenu body is displayed.
(2) In the large customer's GUI app one of the popup menu shows empty selectable menu item instead of a menu separator.
#18 Updated by Hynek Cihlar almost 3 years ago
The ChUI menu regressions are more serious than I thought. I created new issue #3553 and checked in my WIP changes there.
Also I checked in a simple NPE fix to 3487b. Please review this change. No regression testing for the branch is needed. There are no more changes expected for this issue.